Our Policy 1. Collection
1.1 What information do we collect? ‘Personal information’ is information or an opinion relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual. In order to provide our services to you, we may collect and store your Personal Information. We will only collect your Personal Information in accordance with the NPPs by lawful and fair means, without unreasonable intrusiveness and only where necessary for activities related to the provision of our services to you (Primary Purpose). Examples of Personal Information collected directly from you may include your name, work, family’s details, location, employee ID and contact details.our Situations where we may use your personal information include: on our Facebook site or other social networking sites. However, we will not use or disclose your personal information that identifies you to these third parties to provide you with marketing communication. Please inform us if you do not wish receive marketing communication from us and we will take steps to remove you from these campaigns. When you visit our Website, we may automatically collect information about you- including details of access, IP addresses, web statistics and other information which is required to ensure that the site is functioning properly.
1.2 Cookies When you visit our Website, the server may attach a “cookie” to your computer’s memory. A “cookie” assists us to store information about how visitors to our Website use it and to make assumptions about what information may be of most interest to you. However, this information is not linked to any Personal Information you may provide and cannot be used to identify you. You should be able to configure your computer so that it disables “cookies” or does not accept them.
2. Use and disclosure We will only use and disclose your personal information for the Primary Purpose for which it was collected and for reasonably expected secondary purposes (related to the primary purposes). However, we may also use and disclose your personal information in other circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
2.1 Do we disclose your information to Third Parties? We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties except where necessary to provide you with our services or where required by law. If we do disclose your personal information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties comply with the NPPs when handling your personal information, regardless of whether they are required to do so by law. Some of your personal information collected will be used to identify potential commercial offers or opportunities which may be attractive to you. We source such offers and opportunities from third parties, but information regarding any offers will be communicated to you directly by us. Our Website may direct you to websites operated by third parties including Facebook and other social networking sites (Linked Sites). We are not responsible for the content or practices of the Linked Sites or their privacy policies regarding the collection, storage, use and dissemination of your personal information. We encourage you to always read the applicable privacy statement of any Linked Site before using it.
3. Data quality We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any of your personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
4. Data security We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure and will endeavour to delete or destroy your personal information if you request us to do so if you no longer use our site. Only authorised users can access your personal information and access to your personal information is only for approved purposes.
5. Openness Subject always to the exceptions contained the Privacy Act, upon your request, we will take reasonable steps to let you know what sort of personal information we hold about you, for what purpose it is held, and how we collect, store, use and disclose that personal information.
6. Access and Correction
6.1 Correction Upon your request, we will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
6.2 Access Please contact us at email@example.com to ask for access to your information, make a complaint concerning privacy, or if you think any of your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request for access to personal information if that request is onerous. 7. Identifiers We will not use or disclose an identifier assigned to you by a government agency unless required to do so by law.
8. Anonymity Wherever it is lawful and practicable, you have the option of not identifying yourself when entering into transactions with us.
9. Data Flows We may transfer your personal information to someone who is in a foreign country. However, we will only do so in accordance with the Privacy Act and if we reasonably believe that the recipient is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of personal information that are substantially similar to the NPPs.
10. Sensitive information Some personal information (e.g. race, ethnicity, health, criminal record etc.) is sensitive and requires a higher level of protection under the Privacy Act. We will not use or disclose your sensitive personal information other than as permitted by law or with your consent.